Safety Officers are responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in complience and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines.
In order to attract Safety Officer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Safety Officer job description.
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer to join our team. As a Safety Officer, you will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines. Your main goal will be to always ensure safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents.
Safety Officer duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement OHS policies and programs
- Advise and lead employees on various safety-related topics
- Prepare educational seminars and webinars on a regular basis
- Review existing policies and procedures
- Adhere to all the rules and regulations
- Work with HR to set up a new employee on-boarding process for safety
- Conduct risk assessment
- Enforce preventative measures
- Identify process bottlenecks and offer timely solutions
- Check if all the employees are acting in adherence with rules and regulations