Government Polytechnic Institute Haripur is located at Rehana road SaraiSaleh in District Haripur. This institute was established in 1969 and at that time it was working under Provincial Education Department. Later on the institute was given under the control of provincial Industries and Manpower Training department. In the year 2015 the KP TEVTA took control of Technical Education and Manpower training department under the ordinance. Govt Polytechnic institute Haripur is one of the oldest Technical Training Institute of KPK. Initially this Institute was offering DAE Course in Electrical & Mechanical Technologies and after that DAE Civil
Technology was introduced in 1978. Telecommunication Technology was included in 1990. Electronics Technology was started on self support basis in 2011 with the help of existing staff of Electrical and Telecommunication Technologies. Govt Polytechnic Institute Haripur is declared as model institute by KP TEVTA Peshawar.
This is a historical Institute having a beautiful layout which has a large area of 230 Kanals containing administrative offices, various laboratories, library, large playground, beautiful Park, beautiful Mosque, staff colony and two hostels for student and Ayub Khan Rose Garden. After completing 3 years Diploma courses of Associate engineer the student of this institute perform services
in wide range of jobs in public sectors like WAPDA, Telecom Department, C&W Department and Technical Training Institute. Similarly they can join private sector within Pakistan and abroad. Many students switch on their personal Technical setups.
To train the youth of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa in demand driven skilful training with strong industrial collaboration that ensures to produce youth for employability and meaningful contribution to the socio-economic development with high moral values.
- To establish close group of effort with the surrounding industry in terms of industry standards, latest technology, curriculum & assessment.
- To motivate the local industrialists to support the training programs of institutions, provide on the job training facilities & employment to the graduates.
- To organize skills competition & create a culture of innovation in the institute.
- To organize academic session by implementing the regulations of KP-TEVTA institute management.
- To promote and provide demand driven technical education and vocational training.
- To implement competency based training.
- To develop teaching abilities, skills and knowledge of teaching staff.
- To upgrade teaching equipment to the required standard.